Late Friday night I stuck my head under the flip top of our old gas stove and a surge of panic ran through me.
The pilot lights were out!
Now this was the first gas stove I have ever owned, and I have never used it. Our home’s previous owner tucked it away in our basement and must have kept it for “back up” long ago.
So, I was a bit of a novice when it came to the whole gas thing.
I just knew one thing --
For safety’s sake -- those pilot lights were supposed to be on.
It had been weeks since I checked it and thus my alarm. Hadn’t I heard somewhere that breathing in gas, let alone starting a flame around it could be dangerous?
Hurrying to my computer, I searched the internet for answers and found a host of differing opinions. Some said that it was no big deal and to just relight it, while other warned of gas pockets and explosions.
Read more on this Christian devotional by clicking here ...
Amish Fiction Author and Blogger:
Read More Devotions